Languages Spoken: English
Primary Phone: (817) 335-4316
Fax: (817) 870-2586
Treating patients at these locations
1651 West Rosedale Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
1711 Martin Drive
Weatherford, TX 76086
Dr. Steve Meyers is a sports medicine physician specializing in the non-operative treatment of all sports injuries and musculoskeletal disorders. He manages all general orthopedic diagnoses from neck pain to toe pain and all areas in between. He has a special interest in Regenerative Medicine, using one’s own cells to heal damaged tissue and improve pain and function. He also treats acute and chronic athletic/sports injuries in addition to non-operative fracture care. As a former competitive athlete, he understands the desire to return to sport after injury.
After obtaining his Bachelor’s degree from The University of Texas at Austin, Dr. Meyers received his MD degree from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He then completed family practice residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston followed by fellowship training in Primary Care Sports Medicine at U.T. Southwestern in Dallas.
Dr. Meyers also specializes in the use of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. Ultrasound imaging allows him to visualize soft tissue injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscles and even direct specific treatment to injured areas.
Dr. Meyers and his wife, Orly, are the proud parents of twin boys, Mitchell and Brandon. When not covering athletic events or spending time with his family, Dr. Meyers enjoys racquetball, wakeboarding, mountain biking and photography.
More at: SteveMeyersMD.com
- Board Certified in Family Practice in 2000
- Fort Worth, TX Magazine’s Top Docs 11 of the last 13 years
- Volunteer Physician at the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Practice
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Kinesiology
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- Author multiple peer-reviewed journal articles
- Contributing author of Clinical Orthopedic Rehabilitation, 2nd edition
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Interventional Orthopedics Foundation